I spent some time this weekend catching up on blog news that I missed last week. Here a few things that especially caught my eye:
- Jason Kotecki of Escape Adulthood has a post about taking time off to do absolutely nothing, and how "the secret to a clarity is to find a secret hideaway place, slow down, and shut up."
- Kelly Herold of Big A little a has a post about Philip Pullman's love of libraries. My favorite quote: "libraries of every sort are treasure houses." Michele at Scholar's Blog also writes about Philip Pullman's article, and adds her own thoughts on libraries.
- Sherry Early of Semicolon lists ten of her favorite children's books for the whole family. She has some great choices! She also links to a story by Sparrow, who talks of her love of books, and requests titles of favorite children's books from readers. Be sure to read the comments!
- I learned from Melissa Wiley at Here in the Bonny Glen about a new Mystery Literature Location contest at Cajun Cottage. There will be a new photo of a classic literature location on Monday. The idea is to be able to identify the location.
- And finally, Sally Apokedak of All About Children's Books has a short but highly entertaining post about whether or not parents should force their children to read. Says Sally: "I make my kids read. If I didn’t they’d be illiterate." Here again, be sure to read the comments.