Continuing in my quest to catch up on the Kidlitosphere, here are a few more things for your attention:
- John Green has a new book-title game: In Your Pants. It's quite simple. You take any book title and add "in your pants" to the end, and see what you get. I heard about this from Nancy over at Journey Woman. I'm personally going to refrain from contributing.
- Feeling that Madonna's English Roses clothing line goes too far, MotherReader has initiated Bloggers Against Celebrity Authors, or BACA, and she orders celebrities to “BACA Off Kids’ Lit!”
- There are a couple of new blogger interviews up over at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast: Betsy from A Fuse #8 Production and Roger Sutton from Read Roger.
- LibrariAnne has turned my list of 200 Cool Girls from Children's Literature into a meme! She's read 97. Funny, I'd never even counted up how many I've read (but I now know that it's 109). You may also be amused by this post of Anne's, which made me laugh out loud.
- I incidentally am well past due to update the Cool Girls list - there have been lots of additional suggestions, and lots of girls who I've read about recently who simply cry out to be on the list (Kiki Strike and her sidekick Ananka Fishbein, Maud from Drowned Maiden, Penny from Heaven, and Hattie Big Sky, to name the ones that pop into my head immediately). I'll get to it just as soon as the Cybils are over.
- Camille from Book Moot shares my affection for Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books. She is so crazy about this series that she recently put herself in potential danger from obsessed 5th graders. You'll have to read her post for details.
- And, to end on a quiet note, Jennifer Schultz revisits the space shuttle Challenger at the Kiddosphere, 21 years after the explosion. She recaps several books and links.
And that's all for now! Happy Tuesday.