Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
- Although I love reading children's books and fairly dark mysteries, my favorite all-time authors write "comfort books": D. E. Stevenson, Georgette Heyer, and Jane Austen. These are the books I can read over and over again, even if I already know how the stories will turn out.
- I also love the Maida books, by Inez Haynes Irwin, which are very obscure, but which I re-read every few years. I learned to appreciate this children's series because my grandmother also loved them (as an adult).
- I'm allergic to nickel, and can pretty much only wear platinum jewelry (or beads, but gold and silver usually have nickel in them). I'm also allergic to sulfites (or at least they make me sneeze), but that doesn't keep me from drinking red wine.
- I try to walk every morning, while listening to a book on MP3, though I'm not usually able to keep it up when I'm traveling.
- I'm utterly and completely ruled by my Outlook task list. I even use it to remember birthdays.
- I studied civil (undergrad) and industrial (grad) engineering in college, though I always read children's books in my spare time.
- My favorite foods are chocolate and cheese. I once had to give up chocolate for a month for a special low-iodine diet, and it never got easier to be without it. I'm also partial to pizza, but only very certain types (it's a legacy of having grown up in Boston).
- My idea of a great vacation is one in which there's time to sit in some quiet and beautiful place to read for at least a day. I've stored up memories of such places from throughout my life, and I close my eyes to recall them when times are stressful.
Trying not to tag people who have already been tagged by Kelly or Christine (who tagged Kelly) I tag:
- Nancy from Journey Woman
- Kris from Paradise Found
- Wildwood Cottage
- Miss Erin
- Colleen from Chasing Ray
- Robin Brande
- TadMack and a.fortis at Finding Wonderland
- Mitali Perkins
© 2009 by Jennifer Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page. All rights reserved.