Kelly Herold has just announced the (slightly belated) October edition of The Edge of the Forest, an online journal about children's literature. This issue is devoted to young adult literature, with tons and tons of YA reviews. Also in this issue (list from Kelly):
- An interview with Sara Zarr.
- An appreciation of Funny Books, by Pam Coughlan.
- A discussion about readergirlz' 31 Flavorites for Teens, by Little Willow.
- Kim Winters talks to Middle School and Junior High librarian Sharon McCartan Bruemmer for the What's in their Backpacks? column.
- Eric Luper is this month's Blogging Writer, interviewed by Julie M. Prince.
All in all, it's not to be missed. Kelly also sayd that "The Edge of the Forest will return the week of November 26 with a double November-December issue." Stay tuned!