The November/December issue of the online children's literature journal The Edge of the Forest is now available. This issue introduces Christine Marciniak as Features Editor. And I must say that the features are especially impressive in this issue. Here are the highlights (as posted on editor Kelly Herold's blog):
- An interview with Jane Yolen by Anne Boles Levy.
- A look at new Bedtime Books, by Pam Coughlan.
- A discussion about Books That Opened Your Eyes, by Little Willow.
- Gift Book Recommendations from the Editorial Board.
- Kim Winters talks with writer Esther Hershenhorn in our A Day in the Life column.
- Little Willow talks to young actors for our What's in their Backpacks? column.
- Sara Lewis Holmes is this month's Blogging Writer.
- Sounds from the Forest talks with illustrator Kevin Hawkes
- Reviews in all categories—from Picture book to Young Adult.
I found Little Willow's feature to be particularly comprehensive (she collected input from many authors and bloggers, myself included). I found myself nodding again and again as I read other people's remarks about books that opened their eyes. The 'Tis the Season feature, with various lists of recommended gift books, is also not to be missed. And there's lot's of other great stuff, too. Go and check it out.