Even though she knows that I'm not such a one for memes, Megan Germano from Read, Read, Read went ahead and tagged me anyway for the summer goals meme that's going around (started by Franki from A Year of Reading). Megan made it clear that I could say no if I wanted, but I have to admit that after reading Franki's post, I'd vaguely thought "hmm... do I need summer goals?". So, Megan, this one is for you.
Here are my top 4 goals for the summer.
- Inspired by the 48 Hour Book Challenge, my goal is to read and review more books this summer. I don't have a quantitative goal, because I'm already hopelessly off my target for the year, but I'm going to try a personal challenge to set aside one day for reading (around 10 hours) per month.
- Ride my exercise bike at least 3 hours/week.
- Watch as many Red Sox games as possible.
- Find a way to make my life feel more balanced.
That last one is, of course, impossible to quantify. But I think I'll know it when I see it. And 1 and 3, well, we might as well set goals that are things we want to do, right? My real goal with #2 is to get my balky knee back in shape so that I can go for walks - if the bike can help, the tedium will be totally worth it.
Even more rarely than I participate in memes will I tag other people. But this one feels new and fresh, since it just started this weekend. So I'm going to tag people in honor of each of my four goals. (This in no way means that they have to participate, or have to share in these goals, but for some reason this feels fun to me).
- Because I know she's interested in reading challenges for this summer, I tag Becky from Becky's Book Reviews.
- Because of that series that they did on the exercise of writing, I tag Liz Garton Scanlon and Sara Lewis Holmes.
- Because she's even more of a Red Sox fan than I am, I tag Kathy from Library Stew.
- Because I know that she can relate to balance issues, at least as related to blogging vs. everything else in life, I tag Kelly from Big A little a.
And if you share in any of the above goals, consider yourself tagged, too. Happy summer!
© 2009 by Jennifer Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page. All rights reserved.