"Reading is magic. When you encourage a child to read, you are actually conferring two special magical powers on him - the power to solve problems, and the power to enter other worlds."
- How to Read Aloud and Wow Your Audience by The Book Chook
- Conquering Stage Fright - an Interview with Sarah Mulhern at the Book Chook
- Fourteen Fantastic Hints on Reading Aloud by Mem Fox, Queen of Read Aloud at The Book Chook
- Reading Aloud with Kids: A Dad's Perspective at Book Dads
- Reading Aloud: Sharing Your Childhood Favorites at Bantering Blonde
- 21st Century Read-Alouds: Using Technology for Read Alouds - Sarah Mulhern @ The Reading Zone
- What to Do When the Reading is Done - Aimee Buckner, hosted by the Stenhouse blog
- Never Too old: Reading Aloud with Independent Readers - Donalyn Miller @ The Book Whisperer
Other Share a Story - Shape a Future News and Links
- Have You Shared a Book Today? at Fastbreak for Fathers
- Book Recommendation: Panorama, and a plug for Share a Story - Shape a Future @ Mombian: Sustenance for Lesbian Moms
- Picture Books as the Perfect Read-Aloud at MotherReader
- See some other links to related posts at Book Dads
- At The Book Chook, Suan is giving away two children’s books: Bubble Homes and Fish Farts by Fiona Bayrock here; and Hush, Little Dragon by Boni Ashburn here.
- Over at the Book Whisper, Donalyn Miller has opened her contest: “Submit your favorite read alouds; include testimonials and recommended ages; and enter to win the drawing for a copy of my new book, The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child published by Jossey-Bass and Education Week Press.”
- The Share a Story - Shape a Future blog has a new document up today with "links to places where you can download ready-to-go bookmarks and quick step-by-step ideas (and templates) for creating your own." You can find it here.
If you have something to share on read-aloud, please share your comments on one of the participating blogs. Or write a post of your own, and leave the link here. This is a topic worthy of much discussion!