Tonight I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's books and raising readers. There are currently 734 subscribers.
Newsletter Update: In this issue I have three book reviews, three posts with Kidlitosphere news, and two children's literacy round-ups (one here in full, the other linked from The Reading Tub. I also have an installment of my recurring Reviews that Made Me Want the Book feature. And last, but definitely not least, I'm happy to have an announcement about a new PBS Parents blog that I'll be contributing to: Booklights.
Change to Publication Schedule: As I announced in the last issue, I've shifted from publishing this newsletter every week to publishing every other week. So far, I've heard no complaints from people about receiving few emails, and I'm planning to continue this bi-weekly schedule. Thanks for your patience as I work on achieving balance in my life.
Reading Update: In the past two weeks, I read and reviewed:
- North of Beautiful, a young adult novel by Justina Chen Headley;
- Starclimber, the third in the series that started with Airborn, by Kenneth Oppel; and
- The Book Whisperer, a nonfiction title aimed at helping teachers to encourage young readers, by Donalyn Miller.
I also read, enjoyed, and plan to review within the next few days:
- Silksinger, the second book in Laini Taylor's Dreamdark series (after Blackbringer); and
- Unwind, a dystopian novel by Neal Shusterman
I'm currently reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (first book in the Mortal Instruments series), and listening to Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen. How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying?
Thanks for reading, and for growing bookworms!