Tonight I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's books and raising readers. It is sent out once every two weeks (if you are getting daily Feedblitz updates, you might prefer to sign up for the Growing Bookworms newsletter instead, and only receive one email every two weeks). There are currently 875 subscribers to the newsletter.
Newsletter Update: In this issue, I have six book reviews, for books at various age levels. I also have two posts with Kidlitosphere news, two children's literacy round-ups (one here and one at The Reading Tub), and a post the recent struggles of a determined reading teacher. Not included in the newsletter, I have two posts at Booklights: one about the joy of revisiting books that are old friends, and the other announcing a recent interview of the Booklights team by Terry Doherty at the Reading Tub.
Reading Update: In the past two weeks, I read:
- Elizabeth Enright: Return to Gone-Away. Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich. Completed August 13, 2009 (a re-read). My review.
- Sue Corbett: The Last Newspaper Boy in America. Dutton Juvenile. Completed August 15, 2009. Review scheduled for early September.
- Linda Joy Singleton: Dead Girl Dancing. Flux. Completed August 9, 2009. My review.
- Linda Joy Singleton: Dead Girl in Love. Flux. Completed August 10, 2009. My review.
- Kimberly Newton Fusco: Tending to Grace. Knopf. Completed August 10, 2009. My review.
- Lee Child: Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, No. 13). Delacorte. Completed August 8, 2009. Adult thriller from one of my favorite series. Not reviewed, but definitely enjoyed.
How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading, and for growing bookworms!