Today I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's books and raising readers. It is sent out once every two weeks (if you are getting daily Feedblitz updates, you might prefer to sign up for the Growing Bookworms newsletter instead, and only receive one email every two weeks). There are currently 936 subscribers to the newsletter.
Newsletter Update: It's been a busy couple of blogging weeks for me. In this issue, I have four book reviews and two posts about books previously reviewed that are now available. I also have two children's literacy round-ups (one here and one at The Reading Tub) and a link to the September Carnival of Children's Literature. Not included in the newsletter, I have:
- Four "afternoon visits" posts with Kidlitosphere news (not included in the newsletter this week, because there was simply too much information). You can find them here, here, here, and here.
- An announcement about nominations for the Cybils.
- The list of books that I read in September, with links to any reviews.
- A post about some speed improvements that I made to my blog recently.
- Posts at Booklights about my upcoming panel at the Kidlitosphere Conference and some recent links from around the Kidlitosphere about raising readers.
Reading Update: In the past two weeks, I read one easy reader, four middle grade titles, and one young adult title.
- Tim Egan: Dodsworth in London. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Completed October 10, 2009. I enjoyed this one, but don't have anything else to say beyond what I've already said about The Pink Refrigerator, Dodsworth in New York, and Dodsworth in Paris.
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka: Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute. Knopf. Completed September 29, 2009.
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka: Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians. Knopf. Completed September 30, 2009. My review (of both Lunch Lady titles).
- Suzanne LaFleur: Love, Aubrey. Wendy Lamb Books. Completed October 3, 2009. My review.
- Linda Buckley-Archer: Time Quake (Book 3, the Gideon Trilogy). Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing. Completed October 11, 2009. (Review expected)
- James Dashner: The Maze Runner. Delacorte Press. Completed October 11, 2009. (Review expected)
How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading, and for growing bookworms!
© 2009 by Jennifer Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page. All rights reserved. All Amazon links in this post are affiliate links, and may result in my receiving a small commission on purchases (with no additional cost to you).