Tonight I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's and young adult books and raising readers. There are 1367 subscribers. Currently I am sending the newsletter out once every two weeks or so.
Newsletter Update: In this issue I have four book reviews (1 middle grade, 2 young adult, and one adult) and two children's literacy roundups (one here and one posted in detail at Rasco from RIF). I also have a Booklights reissue about the E.B White Read-Aloud Awards, a quick link to a must-read post at Read Aloud Dad, and two posts about this week's Share a Story - Shape a Future literacy blog tour (an event that I really hope you'll check out - it is fabulous!). Not included in the newsletter this week, I shared:
- An announcement about the Indies Choice and E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards; and
- A news release about President Obama's cutting of funding for Reading is Fundamental.
Reading Update: Since the last newsletter, I finished four books (besides picture books and board books, see those here):
- Jennifer L. Holm: Turtle in Paradise. Random House Books for Young Readers. Completed February 26, 2011.
- Karen Day: A Million Miles from Boston. Wendy Lamb Books. Completed March 5, 2011.
- Zilpha Keatley Snyder: William S. and the Great Escape. Atheneum. Completed March 7, 2011, on MP3.
- Robert Crais: The Sentry (A Joe Pike novel). Putnam Adult. Completed March 1, 2011, on MP3.
Reviews to come. Work has remained rather hectic, and my "to be reviewed" stack is growing fast (especially in regards to picture books). I'm currently reading Gemma Malley's The Legacy (dystopian YA, sequel to The Declaration and The Resistance), and listening to The Beasts of Clawstone Castle by Eva Ibbotson.
How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading the newsletter, and for growing bookworms. Also, don't miss World Read Aloud Day tomorrow (March 9th).
© 2011 by Jennifer Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page. All rights reserved. All Amazon links in this post are affiliate links, and may result in my receiving a small commission on purchases (with no additional cost to you).