Today I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's and young adult books and raising readers. There are 1391 subscribers. Currently I am sending the newsletter out once every two weeks.
Newsletter Update: In this issue I have three book review posts (one picture book and two young adult titles) and one children's literacy roundup (published in detail at Rasco from RIF). I also have two Booklights reissue posts with the second and third entries in my Tips for Growing Bookworms series, and an announcement about the April Carnival of Children's Literature. I also published two posts not included in the newsletter:
- An announcement of a new logo for my blog (see logo above)
- An announcement about the Children's Choice Book Award selections
- John Stephens: The Emerald Atlas (Books of Beginning, Book 1). Knopf Books for Young Readers. Completed April 30, 2011. Review to come.
- Jo Treggiari: Ashes, Ashes. Scholastic. Completed April 21, 2011. My review.
- Christine Hurley Deriso: ... then i met my sister. Flux. Completed April 24, 2011. My review.
- Jacqueline Winspear: A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs novel. Harper. Completed May 3, on MP3. I've been raving about this historical mystery series for years. But do start at the beginning of the series.
I'm currently listening to The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly, reading The Reinvention of Bessica Lefter by Kristen Tracy, and reading D.E. Stevenson's Celia's House aloud to Baby Bookworm. As always, I wish that I had more time to read for myself. But I'm working on it...
How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading the newsletter, and for growing bookworms.
© 2011 by Jennifer Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page. All rights reserved. All Amazon links in this post are affiliate links, and may result in my receiving a small commission on purchases (with no additional cost to you).