2006 Edgar Awards
April 28, 2006
With thanks to M is for Mystery (an excellent bookstore in San Mateo, CA) for the head's up, I bring you the 2006 Edgar Award winners. The 2006 Edgar Allan Poe Awards honor the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction, television and film published or produced in 2005, as selected by the Mystery Writers of America. I've included several categories below. You can find the complete list here.
Best Young Adult: Last Shot : A Final Four Mystery by John Feinstein (Knopf Books for Young Readers)
- Down the Rabbit Hole: An Echo Falls Mystery by Peter Abrahams (HarperCollins - Laura Geringer Books). My review is here.
- Quid Pro Quo by Vicki Grant (Orca Book Publishers)
- Young Bond: Book 1, Silverfin by Charlie Higson (Hyperion/Miramax Books)
- Spy Goddess, Book One: Live and Let Shop by Michael Spradlin (HarperCollins Children's Books)
Best Juvenile: The Boys of San Joaquin by D. James Smith (Simon & Schuster Children's Books)
- Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach (Henry Holt Books for Young Readers). My review is here.
- The Case of the Nana-Napper #2 (Wright & Wong) by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz (Penguin Young Readers - Sleuth/Razorbill)
- The Missing Manatee by Cynthia DeFelice (Farrar, Straus & Giroux Books for Young Readers)
- Flush by Carl Hiassen (Knopf Books for Young Readers)
Best Critical / Biographical: Girl Sleuth : Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak (Harcourt)
Best Novel: Citizen Vince by Jess Walter (Regan Books)
Best First Novel by an American Author: Officer Down by Theresa Schwegel (St. Martin's Minotaur)
The Edgar Awards are of particular interest to me because I love mysteries AND children's books. My plan is to read all of the nominated books in the young adult and juvenile categories, at least. And isn't it cool that the biography winner was about Nancy Drew?