Just a quick note to let you all know that the June issue of the online children's literature journal The Edge of the Forest is now available. I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail yet, but it looks amazing. Here's the scoop on the contents from editor Kelly Herold:
- An interview with singer-songwriter—and author of Middle Grade fiction—Dar Williams, by YA author Carrie Jones.
- Poet J. Patrick Lewis graces The Edge of the Forest with a bittersweet original poem.
- Sarah Stevenson (a.fortis) and TadMack (Tanita S. Davis) talk vampires in Fiction with Fangs.
- Not one, but two Summer Reading features: Julie M. Prince takes reading to the pool and Sarah Mulhern suggests summertime reading for kids of all ages.
- Gail Gauthier is this month's Blogging Writer.
- We have three great columns this month: Candice Ransom considers The Long Summer for A Backward Glance, teacher Stacy Dillon gives us her students' picks for Kid Picks, and Little Willow tells us What's in Teens' Backpacks this summer.
- Reviews in all categories—from Picture book to Young Adult.
The Edge of the Forest will return the first week of August with the July-August issue and a technical redesign.
Don't miss it!