Growing Bookworms Newsletter: August 4
August 04, 2009
Today I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's books and raising readers. There are currently 860 subscribers.
Newsletter Update: In this issue, I have three full book reviews, as well as brief reviews of four other picture books. I also have two posts with Kidlitosphere news, two children's literacy round-ups (one here and one at The Reading Tub), and two announcements about books previously reviewed that are now available. Not included in the newsletter, I have two posts at Booklights: one with brief reviews of three fairy tale/fable retellings and the other with literacy news from the Kidlitosphere. I also published the list of books that I read in July (with links to reviews), but have not included that in the newsletter.
Reading Update: In the past two weeks, I read:
- Barbara Dee: Solving Zoe. Margaret K. McElderry. Completed July 27, 2009. My review.
- Max Turner: Night Runner. St. Martin's Press. Completed July 22, 2009. Review forthcoming.
- Jill S. Alexander: The Sweetheart of Prosper County. Feiwel and Friends. Completed July 31, 2009. Review forthcoming.
- Charlaine Harris: Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse #3). Ace. Completed July 25, 2009, on MP3. Adult mystery, not reviewed (but I'm now listening to the next book in the series, so you may draw your own conclusions).
- Craig Johnson: Another Man's Moccasins (Walt Longmire #4). Penguin Viking. Completed July 27, 2009. Another adult mystery, not reviewed (but I read 3 books in the series within two weeks, so you may draw your own conclusions about that, too).
How about you? What have you been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading, and for growing bookworms!