Today I will be sending out the new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's and young adult books and raising readers. There are 1673 subscribers. Currently I am sending the newsletter out once every two weeks.
Newsletter Update: In this issue I have six book reviews (three picture books, one middle grade novel, and two young adult novels). I also have two posts with children's literacy and reading-related links that I shared on Twitter.
Reading Update: In the past 2 weeks, I finished 2 novels for middle grade readers, 2 novels for young adults, one novel for adults, and one adult nonfiction title. I read:
- Dana Reinhardt: Odessa Again. Wendy Lamb Books. Middle Grade. Completed May 24, 2013. Review to come.
- Liz Kessler: North of Nowhere. Candlewick Press. Middle Grade. Completed May 26, 2013. Review to come.
- Tim Tharp: Mojo. Knopf Books for Young Readers. Young Adult. Completed May 16, 2013. Review to come.
- Allen Zadoff: Boy Nobody. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Young Adult. Completed May 23, 2013, on digital ARC. My review.
- Charlaine Harris: Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel. Ace. Adult Mystery. Completed May 22, 2013, on MP3.
- Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon: How Will You Measure Your Life? Harper Business. Adult Nonfiction. Completed May 29, 2013, on MP3.
I'm currently reading The Last Academy by Anne Applegate. Baby Bookworm has been enjoying a couple of the Berenstain Bears books (especially The Berenstain Bears Go Green and We Love Our Dad). She's also dabbling in Fancy Nancy as well as some Pete the Cat early readers. And of course she loves Giant Dance Party by Betsy Bird and Brandon Dorman.
How about you? What have you and your kids been reading and enjoying? Thanks for reading the newsletter, and for growing bookworms.