Today I will be sending out a new issue of the Growing Bookworms email newsletter. (If you would like to subscribe, you can find a sign-up form here.) The Growing Bookworms newsletter contains content from my blog focused on children's and young adult books and raising readers. I currenty send the newsletter out every two weeks.
Newsletter Update: In this issue I have four book reviews (picture book to adult), two posts with links that I shared on Twitter recently, and an summary post about the status of KidLitCon planning.
Reading Update: In the last three weeks I read four middle grade books and one adult book. I read:
- Elizabeth Enright: Gone-Away Lake. HMH Books for Young Readers. Middle Grade. Completed July 17, 2014, on MP3.
- Holly Webb: Rose. Sourcebooks Jabberwocky. Middle Grade. Completed July 21, 2014, on Kindle.
- J. K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Scholastic. Middle Grade. Completed July 24, 2014, on MP3 (library copy).
- Gordan Korman: The Hypnotists (Book 1). Scholastic. Middle Grade. Completed July 28, 2014.
- Maggie Stiefvater: Sinner (companion to the Shiver series). Scholastic. Young Adult. Completed July 21, 2014.
I'm currently reading Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb on Kindle, and Memory Maze (The Hypnotists, Book 2) by Gordon Korman in print. I'm listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I am quite enjoying listening to the Harry Potter series (for the first time).
As always, you can see the list of books that we've been reading to Baby Bookworm here. She has been developing more of an appreciation for humor lately. She especially likes Plants vs. Zombies: Brains and the Beanstalk and Wedgieman: A Hero Is Born. She also likes to peruse the back covers of the Berenstain Bears books, where they display some 20 or so pictures of other books in the series, and make requests.
What are you and your family reading these days? Thanks for reading the newsletter, and for growing bookworms.